We believe that people experiencing mental health difficulties should be given the opportunity to thrive in all areas of their lives.
Our vision is a society where individuals experiencing with mental ill health are:
- Treated as individuals with equality, dignity and respect
- Empowered to speak openly without judgement
- Able to access treatment and support when they need it.
Our mission is to unite communities and organizations across NI in a common cause to stamp out stigma in all its forms by
- Raising awareness and improving knowledge around mental health and recovery with the aim to reduce stigma.
- Affecting lasting, positive change in attitudes and behaviours towards people experiencing mental ill health accros Northern Ireland so that discrimination is ended.
The values driving our campaign are:
- LIVED EXPERIENCE: Those with lived experience of mental ill health will have a pivotal and meaningful role to play in all parts of the campaign development, delivery and evaluation.
- EMPOWERING COMMUNITIES: through a network of trained community champions and a grants scheme to support locally run programmes.
- COLLABORATION: A commitment to bring together individuals, communities, decision-makers and statutory, public & private sector organizations in a united aim to challenge stigma
- SHARE LEARNING: with our regional counterparts in England, Wales and Scotland and other mental health charities.
- OUTCOME-FOCUSED approach to measuring the difference we make through robust evaluation and monitoring systems